Friday, August 6, 2010

DEBT

KRISTY: Today I would like to discuss debt. Mainly because it woke me at 5:48 am. When I opened my eyes this morning, I didn’t think about walking the dog, making breakfast, or working out. NO, my focus was how much money I owed others. How sad is that. I feel like a slave or at least an indentured servant. Indentured servant fits best since I am working to pay off these debts. But ten years later has not produced a debt free woman. For years I have heard that “the borrower is slave to the lender “ Where did I come across this information. Only the best selling book of all time….The Bible. The sad thing is I’m just starting to believe it. I feel like it is a weight that can’t be shaken off. Like a bad decision (student loans) gone terribly wrong. Will I be rescued from this financial hell? And if so rescued by whom? a high salary job, an entrepreneur leap of faith, a billionaire trying to right his wrongs ? I don’t know. What I do know is that I want this to be the last morning I wake up with prison chains wrapped around my mind……


MELISSA: You know sis....I'm just gonna let this marinate.  I'll come back because there is too much to say about this.  We are at 2 different places in life...so when I speak I want to give some suggestions.  I'll be back....

No comments: